Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Fans and keeping my baby cool

(2 Posts)
samoliverknott Tue 13-Sep-11 14:56:24

My partner and I are planning to move to the South of France in April due to my work commitments. Obviously it will be coniderably warmer there then it is in Wiltshire!

I wanted to know what other parents do to keep their kids cool, either at night, in the cot or during the day on a pram. I could buy a mini or clip on fans for about £10, but I they don't look very durable and of course I mostly concerned about the moving blades being scary and/or dangerous.

I have seen those Dyson fans that don't have any blades, but they cost £250, which I certainly can't afford!

Has anyone got any advice or can suggest some baby friendly fans? Are there any other fans like the Dyson one that isn't so expensive?

Thanks

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Wed 14-Sep-11 06:57:58

I would imagine the southern French have their own way of dealing with it. Open windows etc.
My DD was born in Oman which is very hot. We used proper ceiling fans for her.
Babies and children are remarkably good at tolerating extremes of temperature.
Although it isn't good for them obviously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now