Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3 year old - Diarrhea since Thursday evening

(4 Posts)
mama2moo Mon 12-Sep-11 16:17:00

WWYD? She also has a cold but other then that is fine. She is her normal self - Eating, drinking and playing.

Is it worth a visit to our GP? She goes about 3/4 times a day at the moment and its always runny. She complains of a painful tummy just before.

My 20mo dd now has diarrhea and a cold which makes me wonder if its a virus.

twotesttickles Mon 12-Sep-11 21:33:04

Sounds very much like a virus I'm afraid. It'll pass. (Literally wink )

Stick to very plain food, avoid dairy if you can and see how she gets on. If it goes on much longer though I'd withdraw food for 24 hours, just clear fluids and let her tummy rest and see if that knocks it on the head. If not she might need to go to the GP for a stool sample in case it's e-coli or something not nice (and btw it's probably quite infectious so wash and wash your hands again.) smile

Hope she's feeling the full ticket again soon.

festi Mon 12-Sep-11 21:38:52

just give her lots of water, if you think she seems dehydrated get her to gp. You can give children dioralite (sp?). I give dd it if she has diarreah for more than a day or 2, it is very good at keeping them hydrated.

mama2moo Tue 13-Sep-11 10:04:33

Thanks both. I am washing my hands all the time! Dd2 now has it so it seems to be related to the cold they have.

Good point about dairy, I hadnt thought of that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now