Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3.5 year old vomiting only at night- what is going on?

(3 Posts)
Melfish Sun 11-Sep-11 22:32:36

Hi

DD has been sick 3 times in the past week, not on successive occasions but Mon, Thurs and Sat night. She seems to be sick about 3-5 hours after nodding off and has been unusually tired on the nights she has yakked prior to being sick. She has not eaten anything unusual, the only different thing is that she went back to nursery after the holidays on Monday. I have assumed that if it was a tummy bug she would have been continuously sick but she seems fine in the daytime and is eating little and plain food. She is having occasionally runny poo but also normal consistency poo but it is a bit paler than normal and her tummy is quite noisy. Does anyone have any idea what it might be? Any suggestions gratefully received and sorry for the excessive info.

Clara35 Sun 11-Sep-11 23:51:50

Hi mel, it could still be a tummy bug. My dd has had symptons like you describe where she has been fine & then sick again. I think because kids don't tend to stop eating during a bug that it lingers longer sometimes.

Melfish Mon 12-Sep-11 11:32:12

Thanks Clara. She was ok last night so fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now