Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Warts. Anyone tried tying one to make it fall off?

(7 Posts)
notasausage Fri 09-Sep-11 16:06:41

My DD 2.9 has what we have been told by the dermatologist is a wart in the middle of her upper lip - between nose and lip. Due to her age and location of the wart they will do nothing to remove it - chemical treatments not suitable for the face and freezing too sore for such a young child. She's of an age group now where she is aware of it and children at nursery have commented/pulled at it and we don't want it to be there for the months or years it could take to go by it's self. It is about 7 mm long but narrow at the base, about 2 mm and I asked about tying it off with some cotton to stop the blood supply. Dermatologist said it might work but not something they would do so just wondered if anyone else had tried it or could suggest any other treatment.

mandoo Fri 09-Sep-11 16:10:23

Banana skin. Cut a small square big enough to cover the wart and put it on with a plaster over night. It worked for me but it was on my thumb so slightly more practical place to do such a thing. Maybe you could do it once she was asleep?

mandoo Fri 09-Sep-11 16:13:39

just found this..

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/bananapeel.html

mosschops30 Fri 09-Sep-11 16:14:07

Get a dandilion stalk, split it open and rub the inside on the wart.

We did this with dd many years ago who had lots of warts on her hands. They were all gone within 2 weeks and never came back

25goingon95 Sat 10-Sep-11 13:35:10

I agree with the dandelion sap, it works.

Also, i pricked one of DD's huge warts and now 2 weeks later it is gone, it dropped off <boak>

notasausage Mon 19-Sep-11 16:10:00

Thanks for the suggestions. DH was a bit hmm when I told him but we're ready to try anything.

timetopost Wed 21-Sep-11 21:09:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now