Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

low white blood cells

(10 Posts)
kidshurt Wed 07-Sep-11 19:10:28

My daughter was very ill in May where her body had gone into starvation mode and was starting to shut down, one of the tests that was done was a blood test which showed she had a very low white blood cells, she has had monthly blood tests which have shown that they have gradually got better but her recent one has shown that they have dropped again. Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? I'm pretty sure she is beng referred to the hospital now does anyone know what other tests they will do? Thank you.

nightcat Thu 08-Sep-11 12:57:10

Antibiotics and poss other meds can cause that, is she on any?

kidshurt Thu 08-Sep-11 14:52:27

Thanks for replying. No she isn't on anything.

kidshurt Mon 12-Sep-11 12:48:14

My daughter has been referred to the hospital sp hopefully won't have to long to wait.

KinkyDorito Mon 12-Sep-11 15:57:38

Best wishes to you. Anything like this is worrying. smile.

kidshurt Thu 20-Oct-11 07:53:29

We are at the hospital today so hopefully will get some answers.

Good luck. I hope that everything is okay.

kidshurt Fri 21-Oct-11 07:05:45

Everything is fine thank you, He said some people do have up and down blood counts and the fact that she looks and feels fine is good! Just got to keep a eye on here.

Clara35 Fri 21-Oct-11 08:08:46

That's great news! I'm sure you feel like a weight has been lifted off you!

That's great! Have a lovely weekend smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now