Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

thrush/lichen sclerosus - so worried, pls reassure me

(7 Posts)
mangopudding Tue 06-Sep-11 17:10:09

My dd has been having problems with her girl bits since August. Took her to the dr many times and told her I'm worried about LS. Dr insisted it's not LS and said it could be a bit of thrush that is not clearing completely. She prescribed daktacort for my dd to use for 2 weeks and said to see her again in 2 weeks time. Been using the cream for 7 days and there seems to be a bit of improvement as her labia is now looking more pink than pale. Although there is little improvemnt, I'm reluctant to use the cream for another week since it's a steroid and if it's thrush it could be cleared by now? Her symptoms are mild itch now and again and parts of her labia looking a bit pale.

I'm tempting to take her back to the dr tomorrwo but really just not sure what to do.

Just wanted to have someone to talk to and to reassure me. Thanks for reading and thanks for replying.

mangopudding Wed 07-Sep-11 14:52:26

I suppose LS is quite rare.

Why can't life be simple and worry free???

mangopudding Fri 09-Sep-11 21:58:48

One last bump.

Just want to have a rant really, don't worry if no one wants to talk. I'm just worried sick.

wolfbrother Sat 10-Sep-11 18:35:22

I'm sorry that you haven't have any replies.

It is safe to use the daktacort for 2 weeks. The steroid is mild and would help with any dermatitis component, and the itch. Then go back to GP. GP would refer at that point if any doubt.

Elibean Sat 10-Sep-11 19:34:31

Ditto about the daktacort, very mild I wouldn't worry. If it does turn out to be LS (dd1's best friend has had it for a year or two), it would be treated with steroid creams anyway, I think - but do go back to GP if not cleared after couple of weeks for a referral.

mangopudding Sat 10-Sep-11 20:22:59

Thanks, will take her back to the dr next week.

Don't really know what I want by posting this thread, I suppose I just want someone to tell me that it's not LS! I suffer from health anxiety and always need reassurance. It's hard being a mum.

mangopudding Sat 10-Sep-11 20:53:06

Hi Elibean, regarding your dd's friend, did her LS cleared away completlely after treament?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now