Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Anyone experienced this? 3 month old making choking/coughing sound.

(5 Posts)
pozzled Tue 06-Sep-11 15:48:21

This is one of those things that's probably nothing, but it scared me, so looking for reassurance.

DD2 was asleep in her cot when I heard her make a sort of choking sound. I couldn't hear that well as I had the TV on but I honestly thought she was struggling to breath. As you can imagine I raced to get her but by the time I got there she was crying normally, and calmed down quickly when I picked her up. Part of me thinks what I heard was just her working herself up to cry, but part of me is thinking what if she really couldn't breath for a moment? SHe didn't have anything near her, no dummy, hadn't been sick.

KATC2010 Tue 06-Sep-11 21:32:55

How does DD seem otherwise?

Just wondered as my DD had silent reflux as a very young baby and apparently they can experience problems similar to what you describe if untreated.

Not sure if it's relevant to your sitatuion though sorry!

pozzled Wed 07-Sep-11 09:46:04

Hmmm, I'm not sure. She is gaining weight well and I wouldn't have thought she had any problems like reflux. But having looked the symptoms up she does have some- aversion to lying flat, strange swallowing noises sometimes, dribbling lots, and occasionally sounds like she's crying in pain with no obvious cause. But they could all just be normal baby things- I will keep an eye on her.

Niecie Wed 07-Sep-11 09:49:41

If she is dribbling lots maybe she is beginning to teeth and is producing a lot of saliva which she is choking on a little bit. That would explain the crying in pain too.

Hope it was a one off and she is OK.

Niecie Wed 07-Sep-11 09:50:51

Was going to say that lying flat apparently makes teething pain worse too. It certainly does in adults as I remember well from wisdom teeth!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now