Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

HELP! 2 year old just drank concentrated fairy liquid

(7 Posts)
loopeylu Sun 04-Sep-11 08:15:44

Just staggered downstairs (i've just come out of hospital post a double hernia op) to find my 2 year old taking a swig (and choking) of fairy liquid in a cup. He thought it was elderflower cordial.
Couldn't get him to be sick but have got him to drink lots of water. He is now eating breakfast. Do i need to do anything else?
Thought about calling NHS direct but all they do in my experience is tell you to go to hospital.

Any thoughts/experience much appreciated.

Catsmamma Sun 04-Sep-11 08:19:35

i can't imagine he has drunk that much tbh...are these things not all bitrex protected these days??

I'd chalk it to experience and keep an eye on him.

...it's very gloopy too, be hard to swallow much without gagging surely?

Lollyheart Sun 04-Sep-11 08:24:47

I'm sure he will be fine, my ds ate half a dishwasher tablet once and was ok and I'm sure all those children who had their mouths washed out with washing up liquid are fine grin

Imnotaslimjim Thu 08-Sep-11 19:54:25

worst it will do is give him a loose tummy, don't worry

ChippingIn Thu 08-Sep-11 20:01:03

How's the poor mite now?

<Iccckkkkk>

loopeylu Fri 09-Sep-11 17:26:19

Thanks for all the advice / reassurance. Amazingly, he is (and was) fine. Not remotely sick although he did look pea green for half an hour or so. Phew!

Flisspaps Fri 09-Sep-11 17:35:44

If he swigs anything in the future that he shouldn't, don't try to get him to be sick without getting medical advice first though, sometimes products can cause more damage coming up than they did on the way down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now