Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Teething DD will not take medicine, alternatives?

(6 Posts)
NinjaTurtle Fri 02-Sep-11 18:41:23

Hi, my 1yo DD is currently teething badly. She will not accept calpol/ibuprofen without a big struggle and gags. Tried spoons and syringes. I also have teething gel, but it doesn't work for long. Is there anything else I can try, because she is going to make herself sick if I keep trying with the medicine.

TIA

DeWe Fri 02-Sep-11 19:55:28

Don't bother with it then. If it's more pain to get in than it's going to relieve then it's not worth the stress. You'd guessed that hadn't you?

NinjaTurtle Fri 02-Sep-11 20:33:49

I figured that its not really worth the stress, but once I get it in her, it does seem to help. I just wondered if there were any alternatives that people had found helped ease teething pain. It's not so bad getting the teething gel on her gums, but it doesn't seem to have an effect for very long.

ChablisorSancerre Sat 03-Sep-11 13:59:22

Could you not mix it into a yoghurt? If she doesn't see you doing it worked with mine every time!

mummytowillow Sat 03-Sep-11 20:10:38

Ashton and Parsons teething powders, I used to wipe her dummy in the powder and give it to her, she loved it! Or I would damp my finder and cover it with the powder, worked a treat! wink

MajorBumsore Wed 07-Sep-11 13:44:02

Could you mix it with some milk in a bottle?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now