Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

4 YO DS weeing very frequently

(5 Posts)
rubyhorse Thu 01-Sep-11 14:28:02

Hello - my DS(4) is wanting to go to the toilet very frequently at the moment - it can be every 20 minutes, or sometimes he'll go, come out of the bathroom, turn round and try again. When he needs, it seems very urgent. It's been going on for a couple of weeks now. Have a GP appointment next week - will need to try on the day for one sooner.

This isn't his usual routine at all, although he did have a week or two early in the summer like this. No other signs of illness.

Apart from the fact that I don't want him to be ill, this is tricky because he's just started school, and his teacher is understandably trying to work out if he's got a genuine need or is using the loo for distraction / reassurance. I've told her it's unusual and at the moment she's bearing with it but there's obviously a limit to how long it can go on.

Any thoughts?

ShatnersBassoon Thu 01-Sep-11 14:30:17

He's probably got a UTI, so a trip to the GP is in order.

Cazwa Thu 01-Sep-11 22:19:24

My nearly 4 year old boy has had this for the past few weeks. Took him for a urine sample and its come back normal. Very puzzled.

NeverendingStoryteller Thu 01-Sep-11 22:59:41

My little ones both went to the toilet every half an hour when they first started school - it calmed down once they settled in, but good that you have a GP appointment, just to be sure. Hope all is OK. If it's just a school-nerves thing, speak to the teachers who are often really clued about this, and will help them get into a routine of going at certain times.

rubyhorse Fri 02-Sep-11 13:39:15

Thanks, everyone. GP this afternoon, so hopefully will find out more then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now