Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Neck rash in 5mo, what do I put on it?

(10 Posts)
Honeymoonmummy Thu 01-Sep-11 10:10:24

Hi all, my 5mo DS has reflux and the vomiting has been getting worse recently. He has a red rash round his neck from having a wet bib next to his skin. The pharmacist has told me to put Vaseline on it and the doctor (seemed a bit clueless) told me to keep it uncovered and put sudocrem on it. I agree with uncovered and am keeping it clean and dry but whats the best thing to put on it? He's starting to claw at it sad

winnybella Thu 01-Sep-11 10:13:30

Bepanthen has always worked wonders with DD's nappy rash, so perhaps it would work?

Honeymoonmummy Thu 01-Sep-11 11:50:42

Isn't that much the same as sudocrem?

Honeymoonmummy Thu 01-Sep-11 15:45:35

Bump

Halestones Thu 01-Sep-11 15:47:07

I've used Kamilosan (sp?) on DS2s neck who has the same issue

johnnycomelurky Thu 01-Sep-11 15:52:38

My son had a rash on his face and neck around that age, I tried all sorts but found that using Sudocreme at night sort of dried out the rash and got rid of the angry redness then I used E45 or Vaseline during the day. The Vaseline acts as a barrier so it doesn't get too wet and chafed. I also forked our for those bandana-style bibs which really helped with his beck rash.

johnnycomelurky Thu 01-Sep-11 15:55:21

Oops- neck rash

4lizardsandababy Thu 01-Sep-11 22:20:18

I used Metanium on my DS's teething rash on his chest overnight which seemed to do the job! Keeping it a dry as possible and airing it will also help. Rather than changing DS's whole outfit once it was wet i used to put a bib under his clothes so only had to change that, much easier than changing the top! also 'dribble on' bibs were brilliant at absorbing stuff!

vespalover Thu 01-Sep-11 22:29:23

We had exactly the same problem and used [ still do] a mild hydrocortisone cream. Its a v low % steroid so safe around the mouth etc.

Honeymoonmummy Fri 02-Sep-11 19:51:46

Thanks all, in the end I perservered with sudocrem and it improved overnight so will stick with that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now