Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

2.5yr old refusing antibiotics

(3 Posts)
coffeecoffeecoffee Tue 30-Aug-11 19:23:20

My 2.5 yr old DD has a nasty case of bacterial tonsillitis. She has pencillin (the red liquid) and although she's only had two doses she's freaking out and refusing to take it. She spat out the majority of the last spoonful - no idea how much she took.

Anyone have any tips? Tried chocolate buttons but that didn't work. Can I mix it with something?

She's so poorly and screams everytime she swallows, so any advice would be gratefully received.

TIA x

BooBooGlass Tue 30-Aug-11 19:24:22

Use a medicine syringe rather than a spoon. Or mix it with some yoghurt or ice cream, something that will soothe her throat

electra Tue 30-Aug-11 19:28:24

Same, situation here - my dd the same age as yours has ear infection. She hates the antiobiotics and has been spitting it out. I find that the only way to get it into her is to lie her down and use a syringe. She doesn't like it but I figure she will be happier in the long run! Hope she feels better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now