Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD starting at junior school aged 10. Does she need a check up?

(6 Posts)
ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Mon 29-Aug-11 10:55:03

Probably the most stupid question of the day, but nonetheless. She has never lived in England, but has, AFAIK, had all the vax necessary.
Does she need to go to see the GP to check or would that be a waste of her time?
Not sure what the GP would say to this request, perhaps a chat with the practice nurse would be better?

LIZS Mon 29-Aug-11 10:58:53

No you just need to register with a gp. Vax schedules here can differ to Europe so it may be worth taking a copy of your dd's certificate in to the surgery to keep in her records. They chased dd's mmr until I did so (and being a Swiss medical history it even had the batch stickers etc)

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Mon 29-Aug-11 11:05:16

She is registered with the GP, unfortunately I don't have an exact record of what she had and when, but I can remember it.
I think I'll be talking to the lovely receptionists tomorrow. Thanks.

LynetteScavo Mon 29-Aug-11 11:14:24

You have lovely GP receptionists?! confused

Glad to hear they actually exist. smile

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Mon 29-Aug-11 12:00:33

Ours are really very nice and accommodating. Sadly, they haven't been able to expeidate the delivery of my notes. DH and DD's are already at the surgery, mine are lost in the limbo that is archives sad

Curiousmama Mon 29-Aug-11 12:03:56

Our receptionists are nice too, but they're a rarity grin I moved here from my home town and they had a few dragons in that surgety.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now