Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Swollen neck glands and RANK breath on 4yo

(8 Posts)
StayFrosty Sun 28-Aug-11 12:46:22

4yo dd's glands are up in her throat, she has really bad breath as well. Am giving calpol and keeping up her fluid intake, is there anything else i can do for her? What is this? She has had all her vaccinations etc.

nightcat Sun 28-Aug-11 13:41:34

could be ear infection, as it tends to block the eustachian tubes causing bad breath

StayFrosty Sun 28-Aug-11 13:56:08

Thanks. She does have quite waxy ears on and off. She says her ears don't hurt but she is having trouble swallowing now, she is quite hot and listless. I have calpoled. Always on a bank holiday huh?

moaningminniewhingesagain Sun 28-Aug-11 13:59:37

Tonsillitis maybe? Could you ring the GP ooh and ask them to look at her.

lubeybooby Sun 28-Aug-11 14:00:16

Ear or throat infection could do that, sounds more likely to be throat with the trouble swallowing. Keep her dosed up with painkillers. Yep always on a bank hol!

OracleInaCoracle Sun 28-Aug-11 14:14:08

Yep, ear/throat infection. I am incredibly susceptible to both and always get awful breath before and during.

OracleInaCoracle Sun 28-Aug-11 14:14:09

Yep, ear/throat infection. I am incredibly susceptible to both and always get awful breath before and during.

StayFrosty Sun 28-Aug-11 14:24:29

Thanks everyone. She's sleeping now, when she's awake she doesn't seem too poorly feeling iyswim. I'll call the ooh if she gets any worse. She had a gargle with some just plain water earlier; i am loth to give her anything else to gargle with since she hasn't really mastered gargling without drinking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now