Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Toddler covered in scabs

(7 Posts)
flybynight Sat 27-Aug-11 17:57:12

Just a quick one as I'm on iPhone and overseas, but my 15 mo old's torso and upper thighs are covered in oozing crusty scabs. It started last week - she has a mild case of molluscum and the wart site became inflamed and open. Now if she grazes herself or gets it heat spot (it's been 30 plus in thus part of France), she is forming a massive sore. It's got much worse in the last 24 hrs and we get home tomorrow morning, which is why I haven't taken her to the doc here. She isn't in any discomfort it seems, and there is no infection. But I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Goes without saying that I'll be contacting a doc as soon as we get back tomorrow.

HoneyPablo Sat 27-Aug-11 17:59:31

Are you sure it's not chicken pox?

flybynight Sat 27-Aug-11 18:17:02

I don't think so. These scabs are about a centimetre wide. My older three had quite small spots with chicken pox as I remember.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 27-Aug-11 18:20:11

perhaps impetigo? Lots of hand washing and no sharing towels until you get her seen.

DeWe Sat 27-Aug-11 18:46:19

Chicken pox scars can be that size. Both dd2 and ds had ones that size. But I'd go for impetigo as OYBK suggested.

flybynight Sat 27-Aug-11 18:56:52

I've just had a look at some online pics, and impetigo is a pretty hot contender. Thank you!

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 27-Aug-11 22:05:23

you are welcome smile I hope she gets better nice and quick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now