Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chicken Pox - am I contagious?

(4 Posts)
pastamouse Sat 27-Aug-11 11:22:36

DS possibly has Chicken Pox (gp unsure, DS is absolutely fine but has a few ambiguous spots and it has been round nursery recently - tbh is always going round nursery!). For sake of this, let's say he definitely has.

We were due to go to a BBQ this aft, but as there's going to be someone who's a couple of weeks shy of her due date and 4mo twins there, we're obviously not going to take the chance.

I'm gutted about missing it, it's our NCT lot, we all get on really well and haven't managed to all be in the same place for a long while. I might be able to go on my own for a bit when DH gets back from work....
However, am not sure if I would be contagious? I had chicken pox when I was young.

Had a quick look on the Internet, but couldn't find anything conclusive from reputable sites, but may not be looking in the right places!

LIZS Sat 27-Aug-11 11:28:22

No you should be fine.

ragged Sat 27-Aug-11 19:38:31

You are very (VERY) unlikely to be contagious. I hope you went & had a good time!

pastamouse Sat 27-Aug-11 20:50:42

Well the point was moot whatever as DH didn't get back from work till 6.30pm by which point everyone was heading off for bedtimes

(DS & his friends are all ~21mo)

Was likely over thinking it anyway. Ta.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now