Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Movicol

(6 Posts)
tkband3 Fri 26-Aug-11 21:53:40

How can I get DT1 (6) to take Movicol? We've tried it in chocolate milk, ribena and apple juice (which nearly made her sick!). It was a real battle this evening to get her to take about 1/3 of the dose...any other ideas? Even her sisters (and me and DH) trying it to show her it wasn't that bad didn't convince her.

Any ideas gratefully received!

WomblingUpsideDown Fri 26-Aug-11 22:35:34

Try it mixed into syrup.

fivegomadindorset Fri 26-Aug-11 22:37:25

DD gagged on Movicol, she is on Sennakot, maybe worth asking for some to see if that is better?

vincentvangogh Sat 27-Aug-11 13:20:03

Our trick (and it's worked with DS2 for over a year now) is to put it in his bedtime milk without telling him. It doesn't taste - you just need to make sure she doesn't spot you doing it.

Good luck, and I hope it works for your DD as well as it does for DS2.

MissBetsyTrotwood Sat 27-Aug-11 16:48:38

We found lemony things worked best - squash etc. The slightly salty, thick taste seemed to be offset better by the sharpness of the lemon.

tkband3 Sat 27-Aug-11 23:31:12

Thanks very much for all the tips. Will give it a couple more tries, but may ask for an alternative...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now