Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Does DS need a doctor or a psychologist or a clip round the lug?

(3 Posts)
DecapitatedLegoman Thu 25-Aug-11 00:13:39

He's 4, history of being a bad sleeper, better now medical problem resolved. However, he's still waking maybe twice a week, crying. Tonight he's settled once with a cuddle and a drink but woke a second time upset because he wants to play on the Wii hmm but then decided he had a sore foot. He's complained of sore feet before intermittently, never limps, has various wildly expensive shoes from independent fitter.

So, he's restless in bed so maybe he has sore feet for some reason, so he's had Nurofen. But he's also been sobbing his heart out and I just don't know why. It seems like an emotional thing. I'm worried this is the result of my crap parenting.

Has anyone been through anything similar? I guess GP to give his feet a check would be a start, but after that I'm lost sad

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Thu 25-Aug-11 06:55:06

What medical problem was resolved?
I doubt that anything is a result of your crap parenting. My DD is 10 now, but has always been a dreadful sleeper. She would use any excuse to get up and fanny around.
Currently she is sleeping in my bed to keep me company. She will be going back to her own on Saturday. She starts back at school soon, it can't continue.

DecapitatedLegoman Thu 25-Aug-11 07:27:38

He had sleep apnoea.

I just worry that he's unhappy and it's manifesting at night. He just seems so desperately sad.

Having said that he went to sleep after the Nurofen hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now