Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Toddler feet...

(3 Posts)
welshchick21 Tue 23-Aug-11 21:44:02

Can anyone shed some light? I noticed my almost 4yr old son has skin peeling on the tips of his toes and hard/dry skin on the heels of his feet. He rarely wears shoes without socks and E45 type creams haven't worked. Ive started using my heel cream, Scholl cracked heel cream and it seems to be helping.
He has no symptoms of fever or rash and is very healthy so Im not sure its linked to foot and mouth or scarlet fever (ive been searching the internet!!)
It does not look like a fungal infection either. He hasnt seen the doctor, but I have spoken to her and she said I should just carry on with the heel cream!! but how does a 3yr old get hard skin already on his heels?

Any help, idea's, suggestions greatly appreciated...

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Wed 24-Aug-11 07:16:24

rarely wears shoes is the answer. DD had feet like an elephant before we moved to Europe. We had been living in countries where being barefoot is the norm.

welshchick21 Wed 24-Aug-11 22:42:15

thank you ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs! will take his shoes off when at home...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now