Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

diarrhoea in 8 month old

(3 Posts)
HeidiKat Tue 23-Aug-11 17:17:02

We have had the sickness bug in our house last week, both myself and DH were ill for a day last week but recovered 24 hours later. 8 month old DD never had the vomiting side of it but for the last week on and off has had terrible diarrhoea, not every poo has been loose but when they are loose they are extremely loose. She has been fine in herself, no temperature and taking her bottles and solid feeds as normal, is there anything I should be doing to help get rid of this or is it something that will sort itself out in time?

AKMD Tue 23-Aug-11 20:47:07

Is it possible that the diarrhoea is being caused by something else, maybe teething? If she's otherwise ok, just make sure she has lots of fluids going in (not just water). If she's showing any other symptoms of illness, unusual tiredness or starts vomiting then call NHS Direct asap and they will tell you where the most appropriate place to get treatment is.

HeidiKat Wed 24-Aug-11 11:27:03

Teething may be a possibility actually, I hadn't thought of that as she never got a dodgy tummy with her first couple of teeth but I suspect she might be getting another one soon. Her fluid intake seems fine as she is still on 4 bottles of formula a day and gets offered other fluids in her cup at meal times and she has been having plenty of wet nappies. Thanks for the advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now