Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

What age do the back teeth come through???

(5 Posts)
Marne Tue 23-Aug-11 09:58:47

I thought dd1 (7.6) had all her teeth but it seems she is cutting her back teeth, isn't this a bit late?? She has lost around 6 of her baby teeth and is complaining of pain where they seem to be squishing together. She just told me she had lost another tooth but could not find it, when i asked her to show me where it had fell out from she pointed to the back of her moth, she had not lost a tooth, it was where the back tooth was just pushing through the gum. I asumed she already had her back teeth so was a little shocked.

LIZS Tue 23-Aug-11 10:00:28

"6 year" molars perhaps which are permanent

Marne Tue 23-Aug-11 10:03:17

So its normal (ish) just a year late?? her first teeth were late (didn't have her first tooth till she was 12 months) so maybe this is why her big teeth are late??

LIZS Tue 23-Aug-11 10:07:34

They may simply be slow coming through. dd's have been coming through a little more each check up over past few years!

survivingsummer Thu 25-Aug-11 20:48:57

My DS is also late to develop his - he is 7.3 and still doesn't have his back molars. Dentists are going to investigate if still not through in 6 months!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now