Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

What does bright yellow wee mean?

(7 Posts)
LonelyLinda Mon 22-Aug-11 14:29:40

My 2yo ds has quite bright yellow wee. I am just starting potty training and noticed this for the first time in a white potty. I wouldn't have noticed otherwise as would have been in a nappy.

It looked more yellow than mine would normally iykwim but I seem to think it should only be pale yellow.

cyb Mon 22-Aug-11 14:32:17

Not drinking enough?

SaulGood Mon 22-Aug-11 14:35:29

Darker urine is a sign of dehydration and bright coloured urine is usually associated with supplements. Does he take any vitamins at all?

thebitchandherwomb Mon 22-Aug-11 14:39:05

Wee in a potty looks darker than wee in the loo as it is not diluted by loo water.

He's fine.

:D

LonelyLinda Mon 22-Aug-11 14:40:00

No he doesn't take any supplements at all. He always drinks lots of water which is another reason I was puzzled but also it is hot so maybe just needs a lot more than usual. Thank you.

mousymouse Mon 22-Aug-11 14:41:20

vitamins, carrots, beetroots?
does it look the same all day long?
in the mornings the colour usually is a bit deeper.
ds wee in the mornings looks impressive, mainly due to him drinking a dark smoothie with his dinner.

LonelyLinda Mon 22-Aug-11 15:05:52

Thank you, yes prob darker in potty as undiluted!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now