Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

fever and rash after mmr

(4 Posts)
libelulle Mon 22-Aug-11 13:01:28

My 14 mo had his mmr last Monday and as of yesterday has had a high-ish fever (38.5), dodgy nappies and today has come out in a rash. He is extremely miserable!

It seems odds-on that he's having a fairly classic reaction to the measles part of the vaccine, at least as our leaflet described it. Did anyone else's LO have this after the MMR, and if so are we in for just a day or so of miserableness, or are we in for a longer haul?!

mousymouse Mon 22-Aug-11 13:07:34

I would take him to the gp if he is not better soon or getting worse.
could well be related to the MMR, but also could just be another illness like baby measles.
but anyway, I would report it with the yellow card scheme

DrCosyTiger Mon 22-Aug-11 15:07:44

Hi Libelulle, we had exactly the same after the MMR. The temp and irritableness only lasted a couple of days, the rash iirc took a bit longer to go. So hopefully you are almost through it now.

libelulle Wed 24-Aug-11 13:10:16

Thanks - four days in and he's still miserable and hot. Saw GP yesterday whose money was on the MMR`, because of the rash, but who knows if it was that or random virus. Guess we just sit it out and I try not to panic in the meantime!

I took your advice and filled in a yellow card mousy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now