Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is there anything I can do for an ear infection?

(5 Posts)
StealthPolarBear Sun 21-Aug-11 20:56:30

DS used to get regular ear infections which caused him a lot of pain, and he had a lot of antibiotics. He hasn't had one for 2 years now, and has been discharged from hospital (checking for any long term effects). now we think he has anothr sad He is sort of asleep, and if he wakes I will take him to OOH, but is there anything I can prepare that would help? Would a warm flannel over the ear help?

bigbuttons Sun 21-Aug-11 21:01:15

Your poor dssad. I have always used garlic oil on mine. It has always worked. Good luck

StealthPolarBear Sun 21-Aug-11 21:08:56

garlic oil confused just oil (olive?) and garlic? On a cloth?

bigbuttons Sun 21-Aug-11 23:03:59

I infuse some garlic in olive oil. Garlic is a very potent anti bac. You could just mush a clove up in a little olive oil. Strain it well and then warm the oil. I put it into the ear with a dropper and lie the head so that the oil doesn't drain out and use some cotton wool to help it stay in.
It is a good thing to use to start fighting off those germs. I have not needed to give antibiotics when using garlic oil, however, you should of course if you feel that that is right for your ds. BUT starting off with the garlic oil will help fight the bacteria before you decide on any further treatment. Good luck and hope he's better soonsmile
p.s I use garlic to ward off loads of bugs, it works an absolute treat on general infections. It is also anti viral which helps!

SaulGood Sun 21-Aug-11 23:10:58

My GP recommends warm olive oil, put in with a dropper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now