Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chickenpox Gel

(8 Posts)
candyfloss66 Sun 21-Aug-11 19:39:10

Hi my dd has chicken pox and the usual calamine doesnt seem to ease her itching. Somebody mentioned a gel that you can get that is more effective does anybody know what the name of it is please? :-)

ShoutyBag Sun 21-Aug-11 19:51:58

here you are

not sure if it's the one mentioned here though!

candyfloss66 Sun 21-Aug-11 20:01:16

Bless you Shoutybag thankyou :-)

5darlings Sun 21-Aug-11 20:28:18

I also used aveeno shower oil on mine in the bath when they had it and the aveeno moisturiser. It really eased them too. Hope dd is ok soon xx

Eurax cream is good too. Plus you can give piriton. And bicarb and oatmeal baths...
Hope she's better soon.

caughtupintheratrace Mon 22-Aug-11 08:55:31

My DD has just got over chickenpox and now my DS has it. It is awful i will be glad when this is over, my DS has quite a few on his face and he keeps rubbing off the scabs in bed. Anyway the things i have been using are
Bicarb bath twice a day - this seems to really help ease the itching
Calamine and Aquaoues cream, this goes on really nicely and seems to ease to
Piriton syrup esp at bedtime
Eurex cream great esp if they seem to have a particular itchy area

Hope this helps, if you find anything else, let me know. x

Cattleprod Mon 22-Aug-11 08:57:46

We used virasoothe too - expensive but brilliant, and far less messy than calamine lotion!

candyfloss66 Mon 22-Aug-11 09:26:37

Thankyou all for your replies they have been so helpful. DD is my only child so all this is new to me. I hope that your little ones feel better soon :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now