Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Best probiotics for children?

(3 Posts)
ChinaInYourHands Sat 20-Aug-11 11:16:21

Hello, DS aged 7 is recovering from pneumonia; he has been ill the whole summer with a week stay in hospital. All and all he's been on antibiotics for 20 days (as well as many other medications, including inhalers). He's slowly getting better and now I want to rebuild his immune system so that he's not too susceptible to catching all sorts when school starts again. In addition to the best vitamin/mineral complex I can afford and Omega 3,6,9 (he has eczema), I wanted to give him probiotics but I am confused as there are so many different varieties. I was wondering if anybody might be able to recommend something specific. It needs to be palatable! smileTIA

carocaro Sat 20-Aug-11 17:07:06

Poor you and your DS, sounds nasty, so glad he is on the mend. Nature's Plus Animal Parade Acidophi Kids, natural berry flavour. I used them and still use them on both DS's, aged 4 and 9, after 4 yo was in hospital with a viral induced wheeze, they are animan shaped and taste nice, 90 tablets so good value I think.

Hope he's fighting fit ASAP!

http://www.animalparadevits.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=1

ChinaInYourHands Sun 21-Aug-11 14:08:06

Thanks carocaro. Interesting suggestion. I have used Animal Parade's multivitamin/mineral complex for years and they are brilliant. A few months ago though I was looking for Zinc supplements so it was a no brainer for me, I just went and bought Nature's Plus Kid Zinc. What a mistake that was. My ds started screaming in disgust after swallowing one; I took a bite of one tablet, probably just a third of it, and it left a taste of bile in my thoat that lasted at least 45 minutes. Ever since I've been weary of purchasing oter products from their range, but you say their Acidophi Kids are nice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now