Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

do your children make a miraculous recovery once you make a dr appointment?

(8 Posts)
stump Fri 19-Aug-11 16:36:52

Taking DS up to the dr in an hour as this morning he suddenly spiked a 39.2 temp which didn't come down with nurofen or calpol, then an hour after the temp started he was violently sick everywhere (he has never done this before!) gave him another dose of calpol about 2 hours ago and made the appointment as he was so droopy, not like himself at all and kept moaning in a 'something hurts' way. Now he still has a slight temp 38.3 but is much happier in himself so I now I'm thinking the dr will think I'm a loon for getting him seen! This has happened on several other ocassions with DD......just hoping am not alone!

InachisYarns Fri 19-Aug-11 19:00:41

Happened to me all the time. I am sure it is something they get from your confidence knowing that you are doing something that is going to make them better. Now I give them ginger ale with a little water whenever they feel poorly and that usually has the same effect, unless they actually do need antibiotics!

notevenamousie Fri 19-Aug-11 19:02:30

My DD used to always rally too, rashes would fade and a little voice would pipe up "Mummy, I'm hunnnnggggrrrryyyyy....." after not eating for 5 days. Luckily they've seen it all before...

stump Sat 20-Aug-11 09:57:31

thanks glad to know i am not alone. Well as I suspected the GP couldn't find any infection but Ds onviously has a viral thing - he was up most of the night with a high temp so hopefully he will be a bit better today. GP was lovely by the way - didn't feel like a timewaster at all - she said its always best to get them checked out :-)

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Sat 20-Aug-11 10:04:57

Mine waits till she is in the doctors room, climbing and refusing to do as told.

Pavlovthecat Sun 21-Aug-11 13:53:59

always.
DD even had quite severe croup, got to GP and the fresh air made her momentarily sound much better, sent home with advice and assurance she was fine. 4 hours later rushed into hospital as it was so bad!

Nagoo Sun 21-Aug-11 13:57:11

Yep. The more faff and effort it takes, preferably the OOH doctor, and have to get someone in to look after other DCs and drive 20 miles.... wait for 30 mins then they recover just as you are about to go in...

trixymalixy Sun 21-Aug-11 14:01:05

Yep, DS's first allergic reaction had disappeared by the time we got seen. We were at A&E twice with DS wheezing only for his chest to be clear before the doctor saw us.

I'm sure they had me down as ultra neurotic mother. Unfortunately I wasn't and he has asthma and allergies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now