Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Quick eczema question

(2 Posts)
AngelDog Fri 19-Aug-11 00:06:51

Is it normal for a patch of red eczema to be surrounded by a white area (white as if it's been pressed on - much whiter than the surrounding skin)?

19 m.o. DS has developed a small patch on his back. He has eczema on his face for which we see the dermatologist/eczema nurse. The HV said just to moisturise it. I rang the eczema nurse who's on holiday and spoke to a colleague who said to use hydrocortisone / moisturise. DS has a follow-up appointment with the dermatologist for his face in mid-Sept.

However I've just noticed that the patch has a white 'ring' around it which looks a bit odd. The white area looks perfectly normal apart from the colour.

Should I get it looked at asap or is it just a normal feature of eczema and can wait till we see the dermatologist next?

stinkypants Fri 19-Aug-11 13:37:14

both my boys get eczema but i have never seen what you are describing so prob better to get it looked at if i were you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now