Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DCs have been exposed to Chicken Pox, it's DDs birthday party at the weekend!

(5 Posts)
Kendodd Mon 15-Aug-11 17:24:14

I don't think they'll get it but, I think the best thing I can do is phone round and tell people so that pregnant women stay away, I don't want to cancel. I hope people will still bring their children though. Would you?

TBH I would rather my DCs get it now (especially the girls) and get it over with because the chances are if they don't get it know they will get it at some point and that could be when pregnant.

bumpybecky Mon 15-Aug-11 17:30:46

when were they exposed?

IME it's two weeks from exposure to pox breaking out, so they might not be spotty for the party. Have you looked up how many days before spots start that they would be infectious? (hope that sentence makes sense!)

if we were invited we'd come, but we've all had cp already! warning people is a good plan, but I'd make sure I knew the facts first about how many days

Kendodd Mon 15-Aug-11 17:31:10

I have just read that the incubation period is at least 10 days, so we should be ok and not infectious at the weekend. Good!

Kendodd Mon 15-Aug-11 17:32:48

Exposed yesterday, it said children are infectious 1-2 days before spots develop I think we will be ok.

bumpybecky Mon 15-Aug-11 17:54:52

oh that's good then smile hope they enjoy the party

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now