Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

6 yr old suddenly pooing pants- wwyd?

(3 Posts)
haribofan Sun 14-Aug-11 20:54:42

6 year old is normally totally fine with all things toileting although he does tend to leave having a wee til he is desperate. Today I have found very soiled pants in the washing basket and asked him about it. He wouldn't say much but in the end it turns out that he had pooed in his pants and then emptied it out into the toilet-yuck. This now makes sense as I caught him yesterday after just coming out of a very smelly toilet (we were out) and he looked very flustered. He admitted to doing the same thing the day before when I caught him looking like he needed a poo. we were at home but I had a friend here. He now admits to pooing in his pants then too. I have been very cross and disgusted with him as a result. He hasn't done it today but I think only because I caught him standing rigid and made him go to the toilet and show me after. He did a normal looking poo but Im convinced he'd have done it again if I hadn't spotted him! I feel I need to nip this in the bud and watch him like a hawk and am convinced it's not a medical issue. Do you think I'm being too harsh?!

hopskipandjump Sun 14-Aug-11 21:26:56

Yes - you need to find out what is causing this. He is probably v upset and embarassed about it himself

haribofan Sun 14-Aug-11 21:46:27

I cant get a reason out of him. It was hard enough to get an admission. He did the same thing about 6 months after potty training and the strict approach sorted it out that time but at the same time I don't want to be overly harsh. Just can't understand why this has started, hmm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now