Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Any dentists to advise me?

(6 Posts)
Kendodd Sun 14-Aug-11 09:09:08

My DD who is six next month has two wobbly teeth, the two bottom front teeth, she has lost no other teeth yet. The problem is that she had one adult tooth cutting through behind these teeth, seems to be about in the middle of them and pointing backwards a little bit. All her baby teeth are straight and seem to be in the right place.

Is she likely to need a brace and if so when would she get it? Can you get them on the NHS anymore?

PS mumsnet HQ can we have a Teeth topic in health please?

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Sun 14-Aug-11 09:20:59

I work for a dentist.,.have been told by the dentists to say that if anyone calls about this..i.e. adult teeth coming in before the baby teeth are out, to tell them it's normal and not to worry, also that teeth can look a bit wonky while they are falling out/coming in and will straighten up a lot, so just see how it goes.

Kendodd Sun 14-Aug-11 09:30:20

Oh thanks a lot, I was worried about it.

When I was a child I never brushed my teeth (until about 15) and ate loads of sweets, I remember have six of my baby teeth taken out at the dentist, they were all rotten. Every one of my adult teeth at the back is filled and my teeth are all crocked, I have been very careful with my Dcs teeth and don't want them to end up crocked as well.

Do you think I should report this thread in the hope we get a Teeth topic in health?

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Sun 14-Aug-11 09:31:19

You could definitely ask for one, it's a good idea!

I'd also just wait until your DD is next due for a check up and ask dentist about it then smile

Kendodd Sun 14-Aug-11 09:36:30

Thanks Fanjo,

You now have a fan on MN smile

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Sun 14-Aug-11 09:38:34

aww shucks grin

Feel free to ask me anything else tooth-related!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now