Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Fit to go swimming?

(3 Posts)
Backinthebox Sat 13-Aug-11 13:13:13

DS is 11mo and teething. He is chewing on anything he can lay his hands on - it is his sixth tooth and he seems to be having my trouble with this one. Last night he ran a temperature of 39 degrees, brought down with Calpol. This morning he has been full of beans, very happy crawling around and playing. Giggling and eating. Dribbling for England, and his temperature is back up again to 38 degrees. We had planned to go swimming this afternoon. I've just had a plaster taken off my broken leg and it will be good rehab for me, plus 4yo DD has not been swimming in weeks and is excited about it.

WWYD? Could he really have a temp like this because of teething, and if so would he be OK to take swimming?

jubilee10 Sun 14-Aug-11 14:51:21

I wouldn't take him swimming with a temperature. He shouldn't have a temp this high with teething - it's possible - but more likely to be something viral.

seeker Sun 14-Aug-11 14:56:09

I would if he's well in himself-it'll help bring his temperature down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now