Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Introducing solids again after vomiting

(3 Posts)
mamasaurus Fri 12-Aug-11 13:58:14

Hello,

Has anyone got any good suggestions on how I can get my 11month old DD to eat solids again? I have been breast feeding her (still) 3 times a day and she was starting to be really good at having 3 meals a day. And then she had her first real tummy bug earlier on this week and was vomiting violently for some hours. After that all she wanted was boob and water. She now seems totally happy little girl, but just won't eat anything solid apart from those carrot stick snacks and apple (a whole one she can gum the juice out of rather than eat...). It's been 3 days now and she is quite a big girl so I'm worried that she is not getting everything she needs from, now constant, breast feeding. What could I give her to gently introduce her back to proper food?

StealthPolarBear Fri 12-Aug-11 14:00:02

Have you tried dry toast or dry pasta?
But I wouldn't stress, follow her lead for a few more days - as long as she is having plenty of b, she should be fine. her stomach might still feel a bit odd.

mamasaurus Fri 12-Aug-11 15:11:35

I've tried bread but she just pushes everything away. I will try pasta later on today and she how we get on! Thank you, I worry about everything anyway and it's difficult to know when to really start to worry about these things if you know what I mean...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now