Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Any ideas why DS (8) is being sick so often?

(4 Posts)
Stinkyfeet Wed 10-Aug-11 18:09:24

Over the last 2-3 months ds1 (8yrs) has started being sick with increasing frequency. It started at about once a fortnight, then once a week, then every couple of days to now being practically every day. It's predominantly in the morning, sometimes before breakfast, sometimes after, sometimes after all he's had is a drink and sometimes after nothing at all.

Occasionally he has said he had a stomach ache beforehand, but he says the main warning he has that he's going to be sick is that his throat feels sore. He's usually only sick once or twice and is right as rain 5 minutes later, with no recurrence that day.

I took him to the GP last week, who didn't have any suggestions, but prescribed Gaviscon in case it was acid reflux - he took it for about 4 days, but it made no difference, so I've stopped giving it to him. He's been for blood tests today and we have a follow up appointment next week.

I would be interested if anyone has any ideas why this might be happening, or experienced anything similar.

wfrances Wed 10-Aug-11 18:24:07

ds nearly 8 has this too
gp thinks its either nasal drip while hes lying flat sleeping or acid reflux.
my gp gave him anti biotics.(wasnt sure why he blinded me with science)
he seems a bit better now. but now hes having nosebleeds in his sleep or on waking.i might ask for a referal if it keeps up.

Stinkyfeet Wed 10-Aug-11 18:46:50

That's interesting, wfrances. I've had a quick google about nasal drip and that ticks some boxes - ds1 is coughing a fair bit in the morning. I shall definitely mention that to the GP next week.

Sorry to hear about the nosebleeds - is that connected do you think?

Stinkyfeet Thu 11-Aug-11 08:22:15

Bumping for any more thoughts!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now