Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Today's new mum panic - collision in supermarket trolley

(3 Posts)
KeepOnSwimming Wed 10-Aug-11 16:43:43

Yes I am a numpty... she was in her car seat strapped on top on the supermarket trolley on the special platform thing - that helpfully is at the right height to ensure I cannot see where I am going... anyway I ran the trolley full tilt into a bollard causing the car seat to tip and her head to jolt forward.

... Have I caused her shaken baby syndrome or bleeding on the brain or some other thing? - This happened before lunch and I can't stop worrying about it...

... she has fed well since, but slept more than usual... - during which I couldn't catch up on sleep for worrying! (only got 4 hours last night...)

TheSkiingGardener Wed 10-Aug-11 17:55:53

Most likely fine. Keep an eye on her just in case for all the usual signs, drowsiness, pupils different sizes, look up on NHS what the signs are because she is going to hit her head a lot over the next few years.

Sensible to worry and keep an eye on them when they've had a bump but very rarely causes problems.

KeepOnSwimming Thu 11-Aug-11 09:07:14

Well she survived the night so I presume she's fine. Lets see what I do to the poor darling today.... I blame only getting 1 hour sleep at a time, and occasionally 2....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now