Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chicken pox question

(5 Posts)
minimoonumbertwo Tue 09-Aug-11 14:14:32

Okay, Ds1 has chicken pox, the spots came up last Thursday and have now scabbed over so I understand he's not contagious any more. I am just not sure how long ds2 might be contagious for, he is not showing any sign of the pox yet, do I start the 21 day count from when ds1's spots first appeared? Thanks for any advice.

Seona1973 Tue 09-Aug-11 16:41:45

I would continue about your normal business with your other ds until he shows signs of having it. It was about 15 days from my dd first coming out in spots that my ds starting getting them too although as you know the incubation period can be up to 21 days.

Seona1973 Tue 09-Aug-11 16:43:47

p.s. your ds2 wont be contagious at the moment as they are contagious from 1-2 days before the spots appear and the earliest they would appear would be 10 days after exposure.

minimoonumbertwo Tue 09-Aug-11 20:48:46

seona thank you so much that's great, I didn't realise he wouldn't be contagious until the 1/2 days before. Thank you.

MindtheGappp Tue 09-Aug-11 20:51:41

In my experience, there is two weeks between visible symptoms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now