Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dd2 fell through the door, her face landed on the step hitting her teath, how long before we know if teath are ok?

(2 Posts)
Marne Mon 08-Aug-11 14:55:32

So a few days ago i was posting on a thread about a child who had fell of her scooter and hit her teath smile, then last night my dd2 (5) fell as she was coming in the back door and hit her teath and gum on the metal strip (patio door step), bleed everywhere, bit through her tounge and badly cut her gum just above her front teath, fushed her to out of hours (minor injuries), they could only offer advice on her gums not her teath so she will have to go to a dentist (at the moment she hasn't got a dentist), they are her baby teath so i'm not too worried. If they are damaged will they just die and fall out? at the moment they look ok (not wobbly and havn't changed colour), will i get away with not taking her to the dentist or should i be trying to find one to see her?

TheOriginalFAB Mon 08-Aug-11 20:22:12

TBH you should have taken her to a dentist straight away. There can be problems with adult teeth if baby teeth have suffered trauma. I suggest you ring your dentist tomorrow and ask to have her seen.

If it helps, ds1 came off his bike but his second teeth are fine but of course you won't know until it is too late to do anything about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now