Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Please, let it not be impetigo! HELP!

(5 Posts)
nethunsreject Sun 07-Aug-11 19:22:22

We were meant to be going on a long awaited trip to see froends tomorrow.

HOWEVER, ds2 (14 mths) had what we thought was a wee graze on his mouth and nose area. It seems to be getting redder.

Any experienced parents?

I've googled and still not sure. Obviously he'll be going to the docs tomorrow if it hasn't healed up.

Not looking good, is it?

thelittlefriend Sun 07-Aug-11 20:20:05

I can't remember exactly what it looked like when my dd had it but a yellow scab is sort of what it's like at first. Then red after iirc. Have the friends got kids? They might be ok with you still coming if it's just them?

MrsS01 Sun 07-Aug-11 20:27:24

yellow/brown scabby and oozy - ewwww!

Marne Mon 08-Aug-11 14:47:35

Yep, it goes crusty and yellow, dd2 had it last week on her chin (quite common to have it around the mouth or nose), i would get him to the gp to get some cream, once it has been treated for 2 days then he is ok to be around others. Both my dd's have had it but managed not to pass it on to each other or anyone else, i would still go, just warn people not to get too close.

nethunsreject Mon 08-Aug-11 15:10:55

Ah, thanks for the replies.

We decided not to go as it is a long journey and he actually seems a bit unwell today, plus the people we were going to visit have recently recovered from a nasty virus and I didn't want to give them anything else.

He's off the the GP's with dh right now. Hopefully the cream will make him a bit comfier. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now