Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Not ill with chickenpox

(13 Posts)
happydayyay Sat 06-Aug-11 22:39:09

Has anyones dc had chickenpox with no symptoms other than spots?
My dd woke up this morning with spots on her stomache and behind ears and neck but otherwise fine. Most people I have asked said their dc had temp before spots appeared and quite poorly.

simpson Sat 06-Aug-11 22:41:27

My DD had CP just before Xmas and only had a few spots and was totally fine in herself.

Hopefully she got enough spots to not get it again grin

Dead on 2 wks later her older brother got it and he was really quite poorly sad

Twunk Sat 06-Aug-11 22:42:36

Yep, Ds2 (2 years old) has just had it and didn't get ill at all - no temp, no itching, slept and ate normally. Ds1was very poorly with it so was expecting the same, was very relieved!

happydayyay Sat 06-Aug-11 22:47:07

Thanks for quick answers.
Im so thankful that she hasnt had the temp first as she has febrile convulsions sometimes.
Just had to sak as didnt think she would get without being poorly.

saggarmakersbottomknocker Sat 06-Aug-11 22:49:51

All 3 of mine were extremely spotty but not unwell at all - even the 9 month old who got a secondary infection (the spots in the nappy area) for which she had anti-bs.

simpson Sat 06-Aug-11 22:58:20

its just a pain in the bum when you have to stay in when they are well in themselves iyswim.

I feel your pain....DD was begging to go back to playgroup etc <<sigh>>

happydayyay Sat 06-Aug-11 23:07:39

yes it is a pain we were supossed to go to theme park today and another day out was planned for monday.
But at least its out of the way before we go on holiday in two weeks time.

simpson Sat 06-Aug-11 23:11:23

thats good timing grin

My DS missed his school nativity play, Xmas party and a wk off school and was still v poorly for a good wk after that sad

I wonder if its anything to do with getting spots on face as DD had none on her face and bounced back fine <<clutching at straws>>

happydayyay Sat 06-Aug-11 23:17:34

Maybe dd hasnt got them on her face either yet but its the first day.
She is wide awake at the moment playing with toys and signing shes hungry as she cant speak yet
Shame your ds missed all xmas activities he got it strange time of year.

simpson Sat 06-Aug-11 23:21:30

maybe there is something to my theory then grin grin

DS unfortunately infected the whole of his school blush as he did football after school in the infant hall & when I picked him up he had spots all down his legs (no one noticed hmm and he had had assembly that morning in the jr hall.

A week later a CP epidemic was mentioned blush

happydayyay Sat 06-Aug-11 23:33:29

Oh dear
Thats the trouble you cant know they are coming down with it
I have seen two lots of friends this week and dare not tell them dd has it as they have young children.
So your ds definatly didnt show syptoms before the spots if he was running round playing football.smile
Ah I can go to bed at last dd is now falling asleep.

simpson Sat 06-Aug-11 23:36:25

sleep well smile

DS showed no sign of them till the spots then was v poorly, but DD (who had them first was fine throughout)

DeWe Sun 07-Aug-11 11:35:59

My experience both as having it as an adult and when dc had it was a general not-quite-well feeling for a couple of days. Feeling completely better on th day the spots came out. Not to bad on second day. Temperature hit in on about the third day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now