Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

TMI - Pale poo!!

(5 Posts)
CadleCrap Fri 05-Aug-11 09:17:21

DS (7months) has had a little sickness bug - she has not been sick for 2 days now but has totally lost her appetite. She will only take breast milk and is producing loads of wee - so she's not dehydrated.

Her poo is very soft but almost white.

I have googled, but keep getting really serious problems, but I think it is linked to the sickness.
Otherwise she is absolutely fine, alert, playfull, no pain.

What to do? Doctor or wait for a couple of days to see if she starts to eat and poo properly?

happymole Fri 05-Aug-11 09:29:09

Not a doctor - Disclaimer smile

My dd always gets pale colourless poos following a virus for a couple of days. It's fine for her, just the stomach rebalancing itself.

If you are worried you could call the docs and ask for a telephone appointment.

Hope shes all bettet soon

larrygrylls Fri 05-Aug-11 09:36:24

White poo is a sign of hepatitis. Other symptoms are dark brown (and smelly) wee and jaundice, which is most obvious in the whites of the eyes and under the finger nails.

If she is exhibiting any of the above signs, or does not recover her appetite in a day or two, I would def take her to the doc's.

CadleCrap Fri 05-Aug-11 09:55:32

Wee not smelly or dark, skin/eyes a healthy clour so don't think it is hepatitis.

happymole My DS has pale poo after a D and V bug but never this pale!

She has however, just eaten half a little jar of 4month + porridge and a petit filous - so things are looking up smile

casperella Fri 05-Aug-11 09:57:52

My DS always has pale poo after a tummy bug, goes back to normal after a few days. If you are worried then of course see the doc - if she is eating now then you might find out soon if it has righted itself grin

Hope she is on the mend - these bugs can be horrible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now