Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

chickenpox - one blister left advice to get rid asap!!

(7 Posts)
NaomiPaula Fri 05-Aug-11 09:03:36

Hi my daughter (3) has CP came out last friday and they have all scabbed and some dropped off bar one on her sole fo foot! It is huge and not drying up!! We are climbing the wall here esp as my older daughter home as well!!!!! so apart from this one she would not be infectious and we could get out again!!
Any tips for drying it out!?????

Thank you x

HoneyPablo Fri 05-Aug-11 17:25:35

The latest advice is that they are no longer contagious 5 days after the first spots.
So she should be fine to go out. It is on her root after all.

lilbreeze Fri 05-Aug-11 18:52:41

As HoneyPablo says, latestg Health Protection Agency advice seems to be 5 days although the HPA contradict themselves here by saying "infectivity continues until all the lesions have crusted over (commonly about 5 to 6 days after onset of illness)".

NaomiPaula Fri 05-Aug-11 20:36:46

thanks!! I was under the impression all spots had to be crusted over! NHS has different info to HPA! Fingers crossed will be crusty tomorrow am!! Don;t like to risk it.....

Bicarb helps to dry them out. So does tea tree oil.

NaomiPaula Sat 06-Aug-11 15:38:51

It has gone!! Yippee!! Out we go!!!!!

lilbreeze Sun 07-Aug-11 09:33:21

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now