Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS angry chicken pox - is this normal?

(4 Posts)
inabit Thu 04-Aug-11 22:21:31

DS (3) started with a couple of chicken pox last sunday night and each day since has become more and more covered.
My DD (6) had them around this age and seemed fairly well with a fair covering of spots. However DS is completely different his blisters are huge and keep popping and filling up - no scabbing over happened yet event the first ones are still refilling sad
All the spots are angry and sore rather than itchy, loads have an area bigger than a £2 coin of red angry skin around them. Been covering him in lotion, giving him piriton and warm salt water baths and they just keep coming.
I realise this may be normal but was wondering if there is something I missing any advice is always welcome smile

HerdOfTinyElephants Thu 04-Aug-11 22:24:29

That doesn't sound normal, TBH. I would call doctors for advice.

DeWe Thu 04-Aug-11 22:43:51

Agree with above. Never heard of them filling up again, and the angry red skin may mean infection.
Is it definitely chicken pox? It doesn't sound disimilar to when my db had impetigo, only that only covered one arm.

sparkle12mar08 Sat 06-Aug-11 18:16:03

I'd say impetigo too. Get it seen asap - you're likely to need both topical and systemic anti b's for an outbreak this severe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now