Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Rash on forehead only - what might it be?

(2 Posts)
fromheretomaternity Tue 02-Aug-11 20:00:21

DS1 (3.5 years) has a really nasty bumpy red rash on his forehead, but nowhere else on his body. Took him to the GP who said it was 'a reaction to something' and prescribed a hydrocortisone (?) cream if it didn't clear up.

But still left in the dark as to what it might be. I did take him swimming on Friday for the first time in ages so could it be an allergy from the chlorine left in his hair? Or a heat rash? Is there a risk it might be something more serious?

rockinhippy Wed 03-Aug-11 11:31:03

if its just on his forehead, then very likely its a heat rash, or posibly shampoo chlorine etc.

without wanting to alarm you as its rare & therefore VERY unlike, it won't harm for you to be informed of what other symptoms to look out for in Kawasaki Disease - info here

my own DD had this recently & I had never heard of it, nor had anyone I mentioned it too, caught early its treatable, so as your DS has a rash, if there are any other symptoms too, its a good idea to be informed

but try not to worry too much, the rash on its own is unlikely to be anything serious smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now