Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Nursery – Nappy Rash and Hygiene

(2 Posts)
ChristinePeacock Mon 01-Aug-11 14:30:46

My 1yo is coming back from nursery sometimes with severe nappy rash. It is also apparent that she is not always being cleaned properly at times, (To the point were I’ve even noticed poo in her vagina). I am really worried that this may lead to an infection.

Has anyone had a similar problem at their nursery? How did you address it?

Also, how best should I approach this topic, without simply getting a placating answer, and my daughter only being properly cared for before I arrive at the end of the day?

Sirzy Mon 01-Aug-11 14:42:16

I would talk to her key worker and say you aren't happy and could they make sure her nappy is changed regularly and cleaned properly. DS nursery write down the times they have changed him in his book.

If that doesn't work then I would talk to the manger.

There again if you are seriously worried that she is only being properly cared for before you arrive then I would be looking to move nurseries.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now