Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Limping toddler, no pain

(6 Posts)
Zummerzetzider Sat 30-Jul-11 21:35:15

DS is almost 3. He went to bed last night without a limp and got up this morning with one. He isn't complaining of pain, I checked for bumps and bruises - none. I know he didn't fall out of bed, we are sharing a bed (thats a whole other thread sad)
Has anyone else had a child that has had this?

wigglemama Sat 30-Jul-11 22:16:21

I haven't, but my friend's ds had this too and, funnily enough, it was at a similar age too. She took him to the doctors, got him checked out and was told that it could be a virus. It went away by itself in about a week or so. Apparently it is common?? Very strange thing though! xxx

gingerbubs Sat 30-Jul-11 22:23:31

Probably nothing but you should really go get it checked out. Various things including hip problems can present this way even with no pain.

Zummerzetzider Sat 30-Jul-11 22:31:13

Thanks for the replies.
Will get him checked out ginger, hopefully like wiggles friend it is something and nothing iykwim smile

PurveyorOfBaloney Sat 30-Jul-11 22:37:18

My DS had this while on holiday in France, but he was in pain - wouldn't walk in fact. One difficult trip to French A&E later he was diagnosed (like wigglemama's friend) as having a virus in his hip joint, they did x-ray in case of breaks, but we knew he hadn't had any falls or bumps. Prescribed painkillers only and told to keep him off his feet for a week shock Like THAT was ever going to happen with a 21 month old! Once the painkillers kicked in he hobbled for a few more days, then seemed fine.

insertcleverusernamehere Sun 31-Jul-11 11:31:27

I came onto mn today to post almost the same question - so odd to find how uncommon it is! DS is 3, started yesterday with intermittent hip pain that comes and goes. At first I though he had cramp and then pins and needles... but twice in an hours last night and three times already this morning seems to rule those out. He is fine inbetween, but won't even stand up when it hurts.

No temperature, recent chest infection treated with antibx, a bit of a runny nose, otherwise well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now