Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS has a cold - I think!

(6 Posts)
Whathashappenedtomyboobs Fri 29-Jul-11 20:48:12

Ds has a very snotty nose, has been sneezing a bit today and woke up quite a bit last night screaming but normally only gets us up once.

Other mums keep telling me it's teething (he does have 3 teeth now) I'm not sure, I think he's got a cold.

Anyway, was just thinking if I have a cold and sleep with my mouth open I need a drink of water in the night as I'm quite dry. Should I be offering ds water?

He's 6 mnths old.

Whathashappenedtomyboobs Fri 29-Jul-11 20:49:04

I've given him calpol, kavol and nasal spray.

SilveryMoon Fri 29-Jul-11 20:49:42

I think if he wakes up and is distressed you could offer him some water.
I do with both of my ds's whether they're ill or not, if they wake up, they can have water. They are 2 and 4 yrs.

Hope he feels better soon

Whathashappenedtomyboobs Fri 29-Jul-11 20:57:56

Yes he's definitely distressed. Normally when he wakes up he just calls out for us and settles when I tend to him, but last night he screamed his little head off.

I think his nose is blocking up and thats waking him up. Poor little man, I'll given him a drop of water and hope that helps. Thanks x

SilveryMoon Fri 29-Jul-11 21:02:02

What about putting a pillow under the mattress to raise his head a bit. Always helped mine

Whathashappenedtomyboobs Fri 29-Jul-11 21:50:54

Thanks SilveryMoon that's a great piece of advise, I'm going up to do his dream feed in a mo- will get OH to do it then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now