Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Any idea what this skin problem could be?

(6 Posts)
moodymary Fri 29-Jul-11 19:43:00

My 4 year old dd has developed a skin problem on the sole of her foot - on the skin around her big toe and on the sole of the toe itself.

It is basically a lot of very pronounced small holes in the skin, slightly larger than a pinprick. It is not red at all, if anything the skin is whiter around the holes. It doesn't itch or hurt.

We have just been on holiday and I wonder if it's due to her feet being so wet for most of the day - playing on the beach etc.

Will probably take her to the pharmacist tomorrow but just wondered if anyone knew what it might be?

It's probably something obvious and I am being stupid!

MrsJamesMartin Fri 29-Jul-11 19:45:10

Are they verrucas?

CMOTdibbler Fri 29-Jul-11 19:45:11

Dhs feet look like that today after a few days on the beach - I think its just where dead skin has been worn away by the sand

moodymary Fri 29-Jul-11 20:35:38

Pretty certain they're not verrucas. There is no centre to them as such, just the skin underneath the top layer is visible where the hole is.

Whathashappenedtomyboobs Fri 29-Jul-11 20:51:05

If you can see little black dots in the centre then it's verrucas.

moodymary Fri 29-Jul-11 20:54:12

nope, no dots at all and no discolouration.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: