Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Loose Bowels 3 yr old

(1 Post)
xmyboys Fri 29-Jul-11 18:58:49

I have a 3.3 ds who has varied bowel movements. Fairly regularly he will have very loose bowels / not quite diarrhea (sp).
I'm pretty hopeless and should track this a bit closer (might start a diary) but it's regular enough that it's starting to be a concern and is making potty training a bit of a nightmare!
I don't think he has a bug or anything like this as it's been going on for some time.
We were away and staying with family and friends so I put some of it down to strange/different diet but we are back home and back into our regular routine that i can't use this excuse anymore.
Before I go to the doctor I wondered if I should try some type of elimination diet. He eats a pretty regular diet with it's mix of this and that. I don't stop him eating sweets (although he isn't a big fan) or biscuits etc. but these are not a huge part of his daily diet.
He doesn't eat huge amounts of fruit but does have a couple of pieces a day as snacks.
No raisins etc which might be causing it. Juice is kept to a minimum, drinks mainly water.
His grandmother suffers Ceoliac.
Any thoughts or ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now