Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Hair in my baby's poo. Has it happened to anybody?

(13 Posts)
sundayb3st Thu 28-Jul-11 22:01:04

My 4 month old had some hair in her poo today (mine and hers as well). She's at a stage now when she's constantly putting her hands in her mouth. And my hair has started to fall out a bit as well. When I see any hair anywhere around her I always remove it but I guess it's impossible to spot every single one. Has this happened to anybody? Should I be worried? Can it be dangerous for her?
Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Lozario Fri 29-Jul-11 21:24:47

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. I've been doing arts and crafts today with my 2yr old, which included a lot of glitter, and when I changed my 4 month old's nappy later she had glitter in her nappy!!!

I think if you're generally careful then there's nothing to worry about smile

wasabipeanut Fri 29-Jul-11 21:28:35

No, but I found a contact lens in DD's once. That was really gross. I'm assuming she fished it out of the bathroom bin. <shudders>

Purpleprickles Fri 29-Jul-11 21:31:25

Apparently when I was a baby my mum found part of a Mars Bar wrapper in my poo and I've not suffered for it grin Thankfully I've grown out of eating chocolate wrappers now, mind you it would be less calorific than the actual chocolate!

Wallace Fri 29-Jul-11 21:49:58

yes me

Fenouille Sat 30-Jul-11 20:46:46

Me too. Looked like soap on a rope, kind of.

20SometingmumUK Sat 30-Jul-11 21:06:45

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Pleb1969 Sat 30-Jul-11 21:12:46

not that related, but my dog was straining once over the local common and he basically passed a plastic sandwich bag (filled with poo - was gross beyond comprehension). I think if it has passed through her system she will be fine. There are certain things the human digestive system cannot process (sweetcorn and tomato skins being just 2!) and will just pass through naturally. I wouldn't worry too much, just wear your hair up for a bit!

MamaChocoholic Sat 30-Jul-11 21:23:00

Ds1 has eaten hair for the last 3 years. He's fine. Apart from having a strange desire to eat hair, of course.

Ivortheengine8 Sat 30-Jul-11 21:24:06

If its just happened once or twice don't worry, but there is a condition called Trichophagia where people start pulling out their hair and eating it and it can end in a hairball in the stomach.
I'm sure she isn't on that path yet though smile

HairBearz Sat 30-Jul-11 22:21:29

found dog hairs regularly in my kids' poo, and I was very clean in those days as SAHM.

thingamajig Sat 30-Jul-11 22:25:21

Has happened to me too. I have long hair, and mid nappy change I saw one that had fallen on dt2's bottom. When I went to pick it off, I realised it was stuck - I just kept pulling and pulling and out it came!
I don't think its dangerous.

sundayb3st Sun 31-Jul-11 20:55:23

Thank you all for reassurance. I'm a new mum and panic over every little thing smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now