Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Cheesy bits in DD (9months)

(5 Posts)
Dreemagurl Thu 28-Jul-11 15:30:41

DD's bits are smelling very cheesy! Any ideas why and how I can stop it? It's not fishy smelling, just cheese. Doesn't look as if there's any thrush, and I'm over paranoid about wiping back to front at nappy changes, trying to give her nappy free time (which invariably ends with wee everywhere. Oh the joys of parenting...!)

TIA (sorry for TMI...)

vintageteacups Thu 28-Jul-11 18:01:33

Are you sure it's not the folds of skin at the tops of her thighs? Is she having baths?

Pop her to GP to get it checked.

Dreemagurl Thu 28-Jul-11 20:19:14

Bath every night. Will take her down GP tomorrow, thanks for response.

sneezecakesmum Thu 28-Jul-11 21:29:21

Sounds fungally to me. careful washing and drying thoroughly and maybe a dab of powder to dry the area. Occurs commonly where there are folds of skin touching each other. Obese women get this often under the breasts. yuk!

vintageteacups Thu 28-Jul-11 23:41:45

I'd advise (in a supporting/non-advising kind of way wink) that you should not be using powder (even baby powder) near her 'bits'.

To make sure the area is completely dry, just use cotton wool pads to dab the area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now